These are unprecedented times. Never have we seen such a global shift in the way we socialize, work, interact and communicate. Social distancing and self-isolation do not mean we need to close ourselves off from our friends, family or customers and clients. We just need to adjust the way we interact and communicate to keep each other safe and help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Our business is all about communication, and our mission has always been “To unite people across languages and cultures.” This is more important now than ever.
Virtual Communication Services
Face-to-face meetings and conventions are on-hold, unless deemed essential, yet that doesn’t mean you can’t still meet with people and gather virtually, even when you don’t speak the same language. Language services for both written and verbal communications can keep you connected, keep your customers and clients informed and keep your business afloat.
Here are some services available that will keep you talking and communicating so that your business can keep operating even from home.
When you need to speak to a client or customer over the phone, our telephone interpreting service is available in over 200 languages at any time of the day. The interpreters have training and expertise in a number of industries so you can be confident that the conversation will go smoothly.
Telephone interpreting may not be appropriate in every situation, here are some of the pros and cons:
- Great for on-demand, quick calls
- Good for conference calls, addressing customer service questions, talking to patients to limit in-person appointments
- Pay for it only when you use it - calls are billed by the minute with no minimum charge
- Over 200 languages available
- Works well for call centers
- No visual or body language cues on a phone call
- Can be confusing for interpreter if there is more than one person in the room
- Not as personal as face-to-face meetings
The only equipment needed is a telephone for each party and signing up for an account is quick an easy. Let us know if you want to get started by contacting us today.
Video Remote Interpreting
If you need a service that is a bit more personal and offers a visual connection, video remote interpreting (VRI) may be the right choice for you. When limiting in-person interpretation to help limit the exposure and spread of COVID-19, using VRI is the next best option.
Our VRI services offer trained, experienced interpreters in many languages, including American Sign Language (ASL). Using a video connection gives the interpreter the advantage of being able to see and read nonverbal, visual cues during the conversation.
Like phone interpreting, VRI may not be suited for every purpose. Here are the pros and cons:
- A good alternative to in-person interpreting when limiting exposure
- Good for situations when an appointment was not possible, like ERs and clinics
- Provides more of a personal touch over phone interpreting
- Being able to see facial expressions and other visual cues improves the accuracy of the conversation
- Available on short notice and more languages available because they don't have to be local
- Generally, less expensive than in-person interpreters – shorter time minimums and no travel expenses
- HIPAA compliant and completely secure and confidential
- Only available for a one-to-one connection between you and the interpreter, so the patient or client must be in the room with you
- Technology or power could fail
- Internet speed must meet minimum requirements
- Occasionally lag could affect the flow of conversation
- The interpreter can only see what is directly in front of the camera so some cues may be missed
- Account set-up takes time and there is a fee, plus a minimum monthly charge
VRI requires an account, a device (computer, tablet or phone) with a camera and internet connection. Let us know if you want to get started by contacting us today.
Watch our video about remote interpreting options.
Zoom or Video Meeting Interpreting Services
For your virtual meetings, schedule an interpreter to get on the line with you to facilitate meetings. With over 200 languages and a variety of subject matter experts, we can schedule the right person to interpret for you.
Here are the pros and cons:
- Conduct live, virtual business meetings with customers and colleagues who speak different languages
- Connect more personally than using phone interpreters for your meetings
- See facial expressions and visual cues to increase accuracy of communication
- Schedule easily to meet your time requirements
- Share your screen so everyone can see what you are talking about
- Must be scheduled ahead – not an on-demand option
- Each participant needs access to technology with a camera and internet connection, as well as a platform or app for the video call/conference (like Zoom or GoToMeeting)
- More expensive than telephone or VRI services
- Confidentiality is only as secure as the platform you use
In these crazy times, it’s worth giving it a try. Watch our video to see how video meeting interpreting works.
With people across the globe working remotely, written communications are more important than ever. You are communicating through letters, emails, website content, social media posts and other documentation to your customers and colleagues. Accuracy of message has never been more important to your reputation or your bottom line.
Written translation services are available to anyone, anywhere. We match you with a translator who knows your industry and who will provide accurate, culturally adapted translations for all your written documents – guaranteed!
We have expertise in translating:
- Marketing materials and messages
- Website pages and changing content (blogs, press releases, eBooks, emergency announcements, etc.)
- Communications such as letters, emails and social posts
- Documents and forms
- Multimedia materials such as videos and podcasts
- COVID-19 announcements and information
We match you with the best translator for your business, and consistently assign that translator for all your projects so they get to know your business, brand and voice. We help you connect with your customers, prospects, and community to keep your business moving forward.
Multilingual Chat Services
Speaking of websites, do you have a chat option on yours? Is it set-up and able to handle inquiries in other languages? If it’s not, you’re missing out on potential customers.
Chat tools on websites, whether they are automated bots or live representatives (or a combo of both), are more important than ever and being able to address customers, no matter what language they speak. Having chat capabilities helps your business thrive.
We offer multilingual chat services that are available anytime of day to help you increase leads and never miss new opportunities. Have your automated bot messages translated into the languages you see most often. Or contract us to provide a custom trained chat representative to answer questions in supported languages in real-time.
Get in touch with us so we can help you decide what is your best option.
We’re Here to Help
Whether you know exactly what you want, or you need help deciding, we are here to help. Our primary goal is to support your business through this difficult situation, and beyond. We build relationships that last because our clients can depend on the consistency of our services and our commitment to finding you the most efficient solutions for your multilingual communications.
From our team to yours – stay safe, stay healthy, and stay connected. We can weather this storm by working together.