This is a concerning time for everyone around the world. At times like these, it’s often difficult to find things to be grateful for amidst the anxiety and change. To combat my own unease, I’ve made a commitment to write in my gratitude journal each morning – today I wrote that I’m grateful for:
- My family’s health
- Technology that enables us to connect with the world
- The team that I work with
- Tiny footprints in the dirt during my walk yesterday
As each day brings unsettling news, focusing on gratitude encourages me to observe the good in life, which is helpful right now.
Yet, even with my gratitude practice, the news from around the world has me concerned and focused on people’s safety and business continuity for Rapport International and all our valued clients.
Our priority at Rapport International, is safety. We follow the official announcements and recommendations from the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO), and we’re taking every precaution to keep our employees, vendors, partners and customers safe.
For over 15 years, our team has worked virtually – even before there was the “cloud.” Our internal employees are operating business as usual. We also have formal emergency preparedness and disaster recovery plans, as we know how important clear communications can be at stressful times. Our commitment to 100% on time delivery and 100% satisfaction guarantee stands firm, just as at any other time. As time and the global COVID-19 situation progresses, if we need to adjust, we will follow our business continuity plan to continue offering high quality, dependable language services. We can serve our customers anywhere, in any language, while adapting to additional safety precautions.
Translation services have not changed as they have always been provided as a virtual service.
At this time, our in-person interpreters continue to go to appointments and follow the recommended guidelines of social distancing, hand washing, and the specific requirements of each facility. They wear name badges to all appointments to show their reason for being there and decline assignments if they show any signs of sickness.
As you transition to virtual work and increased safety requirements, we have options available for interpretation services. We can offer you Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) and Over the Phone Interpreting (OPI) to meet your virtual appointment and meeting needs. Accounts for these services are easy to set up to get you started, and both services are HIPAA compliant and available in over 240 languages. To read more about these services and others, look under Solutions on the top navigation menu. Contact or call us if you have questions or want to get started.
In addition to staying current on the COVID-19/Coronavirus, I have been researching best business practices during a crisis and have come across some good articles on leadership, marketing and more.
Here are links to some good articles and videos that I thought would be worth sharing:
- Be a good leader – you don’t have to be a boss to be a leader. Here are suggestions for what good leaders can do.
- Continue marketing – during economic downturns, the companies that continued marketing, rebounded quicker. Read some stats.
- Free marketing actions – here are low cost and free marketing activities you can do.
- Understand employment laws – here’s a good post from ADP.
- Managing your company and its employees – here’s a good post from the Associated Industries of MA.
- Best practices for managing remote employees from Inc. magazine.
- Learn what others recommend – Thursday, March 19th webinar for employers on COVID-19.
- Ways to stay calm – besides having a gratitude journal.
- Learn from EO business owners in Italy – here's the real scoop.
- Hear what the Prime Minister of Singapore says – a country that has done well containing the virus.
- Business owners stay positive.
I hope this information helps.
If you have any questions about language services, marketing translation, business continuity, managing remote employees, or anything else, I am here and happy to help. My contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org and direct line is 978-443-2540 ext 101. In addition, you can reach out to me on LinkedIn where I am sharing additional information.
Thank you for your support of Rapport International. We all wish you health, peace and ongoing prosperity.